Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Turtle deck

During all that fitting and grinning I decided to try my hand at building the turtle deck. So once again I went to my trusty table saw and began to rip some more sticks fro m the bigger sticks I had in stock. After eating much saw dust I came away with some really long skinny strips of wood that when set on edge it to their respective bridge location, clamped and held in pace with a clamp and band started to shape up into the turtle deck.

That was the easy part, Once began the project in earnest it revealed that I was not ready for the challenge of actually building the turtle deck. by the time I got it to the point of considering gluing it it I had a don of hours in and ate a ton of saw dust trying to get them to fit properly. Making the fuse wider impacted the angle at which the longerons bent inward to join at the tail post aft the rear pit. That severe bend was also part of the turtle deck and impacted the bends ad proximity of each stringer as I went. I sure would have found the process of keeping the stringers in place if I was equipped with about 6 more hands

No comments: