Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pietenpol Mecca


I took a weekend and on Saturday I had a chance to visit with a bunch of friends at the annual Pietenpol Fly in. The event was hosted at Brodhead airport, Brodhead Wisconsin and as usual I met some old friends, made some new ones and talked trash about the ones that didn't make it, sorry Jim M. That's just the way it it goes and since this is the second year it was twice as bad.
We hung out most of the day with Rick S, who flew his tripacer in from Valpo great looking bird. Rick has got a Piet project running. I got a chance to see it this past winter at his home, great guy, great build ad a real nice person to hang out with. I am looking for great things from his build.

Last year was my first time I got to meet some of the old timers, Mike C . I think he is related to Dick Clark the guy doesn't age.

The best part was had my buddy Dennis V in attendance he say the miracle of the piet first hand I even hooked him up with a ride in a non Piet certified aircraft from another builder friend, Dan H.

Here they are in Dans bird, Dennis in the pilot seat first time in a tail dragger and hes gonna get to fly it courtesy of Dan, as a matter of fact so did I and it was wonderful. Thanks Dan! great bird, great fun and a real pleasure to finally get to meet you.


Dennis really loved it! I think hes coming back next year too well if I have anything to say about it he will.

No comments: