Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ideas from Brodhead

As I said earlier last Saturday was great an entire day to spend with Piet builders and Pietenpol airplanes, naturally I came away with some great pics and some even better ideas. Which I plan top add to mine.

Today I spent some time adding wedges at critical support junctions to strengthen the fuse. I also look at the spot for the front pit seat belt harness mount. Plus I added some meat to the turtle deck ribs. They are not structural but Herb R, my tech counselor suggested I bring a few of them up a bit so they will show nicely under the fabric covering. The process didn't take too much time as a rough add in which was more than I needed but I am planning on shaving them into the right size and shape. So its all clamped and setting up as I write this tonight.

The areas I worked on were small and I believe pictures would not do them justice so no pics for that area.

No comments: