Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rear storage compartment and instrument board

Here is a view of the secret storage panel and door from the inside, once covered this will all be a mystery. Another view of the instrument board. I got forced into the varnishing of it early. One night my Grand son came down to visit and to sit in the front pit, he knows that's his seat. He had a bag of chips and every where he touched the mahogany he left little greasy hand prints. I had to re sand everywhere his hands touched wood, not one of the happier experiences. Avoiding that again forced the varnish coat. I haven't varnished any of the fuse yet as I may be adding features that have to be glued. Glue doesn't do a real good job of holding when the grain has been sealed with varnish.

I really want my glue to adhere the best it can and as much as possible. I have to build this thing like my life depends on it, oh ya it does, good point!



No comments: